Saturday, October 9, 2010

Post #1

Since I can't go to bed at a reasonable hour, I started reading around noon. Because I can't wake up at a reasonable speed, I started off with a few mangas in order to easy myself into it. So far I have read Volumes 17, 18, and 19 of Fruits Basket. This is all I have of that, though, as Volume 20 is still waiting to be picked up at the library. XD FailCanary. I think I'm going to be moving on to a fiction book that I have to read for me anthropology of infectious disease course. It's a young adult book titled Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson. I don't know much about it other than I have to read it and it is 247 pages long. I'll post when I've finished (or moved on to something else). Also: our stupid boy neighbor has just started blasting music. >.> Oyey. =P Hopefully this doesn't get too annoying. If it does, looks like my Pandora is going to be turned on. Any suggestions as to what is best to read to?

7 comments:

  1. Happy Reading! It's okay to start out slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun is the key for readathon - I hope you're enjoying yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let books be your dining table,
    And you shall be full of delights
    Let them be your mattress
    And you shall sleep restful nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep--I can't read to music. But I wish you luck. I tried to read outside until the neighbors barking dogs drove me in. :(

    Keep trucking! (or Reading, I should say). :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time listening to music while reading, I eventually find myself singing along and then re-reading paragraphs!

    Hope everything has quieted down over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the great reading! You're doing great! Even the music may help you stay up late! :o)

    -Your friendly Read-a-thon Cheerer "Danielle" aka The1stdaughter from There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give in to yawning sleep,
    That stealer of reading time, that creep!
    Stay awake and read with me
    And read of what was, what is, and what might be!

    ReplyDelete